Monday, October 25, 2010

Back on Track

Back to my original plan, ish, I am happily back to travelling alone and will be headed south tonight on an overnight train which takes 15 hours and change to take me almost to the Malaysian border.  I'm told that these are some of the last unspoiled islands, which is much more in line with what I'd like to see.  I walked from Khao San Road area to Hua Lamphong train station which is about 4km, then paid a tuk-tuk 45 baht to come back.  The ticket for the train was 521 baht, but considering that I won't have to pay for lodging tonight that sounds pretty good for going so far.

Having a travel partner was fun for a while, but also led me to do things that I likely wouldn't have if I had come on my own.  Some of the things I saw and did were great fun, some seemed a waste of time, all in all it was a good experience but being solo again will be glorious!  I will meet so many more people and here so many interesting stories I'm sure.

Last night being alone on Khao San Road I ran into somebody who I had met before through a couchsurfing meeting and we spent the night walking around and drinking beer.  I could think of a lot worse ways to pass the time.

Planning to go to Koh Muk, Koh Lanta, and others around the Trang province, where I will be surprised if they have electricity around the clock.

It may be a few days before I update again, so until then, adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment